In this digital age, everything is becoming more convenient and accessible. As a result of this, trends like home gyms and indoor swimming are rising in popularity.
An indoor swimming pool or spa can be an excellent way to increase your fitness and reduce stress regularly.
Still, there are numerous types of spas available. If you’re considering investing in one for your home, it’s important to know what your options are before making the final decision.
In this article, we will learn about the pros and cons of swim spas before buying one for your home.
What is a Swim Spa?
A swim spa is a type of swimming pool that allows you to swim in a place of your own. They’re usually smaller than traditional pools, and they have jets that create a current for you to swim against.
Many people enjoy swim spas because they provide a great workout without having to leave the comfort of their own homes.
Some people don’t like swim spas because they are too small for them, and all types of activities, so if you want to play with your kids or just relax with friends then this may not be the best option.
If you’re looking for a way to get some cardio while still being able to talk and laugh then this might be the perfect fit.
How Much Do Swim Spas Cost?
Some people view swim spas as a luxury item, while others see them as a necessary part of their health and wellness routine, as they are, great for physical therapy, arthritis relief, joint pain management, post-surgery rehabilitation, and general relaxation.
Swim spas can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to over $60,000, depending on the quality of the swim spa. The price depends on the size, features, and brand.
Swim spas are a great way to get all the benefits of a pool without taking up as much space or costing as much money.
The Pros of Swim Spas
Swim spas offer many of the same benefits that other hot tubs do: hydrotherapy massage jets, jetted hydrotherapy waterfalls, and whirlpool bubbles for circulation and heat retention. Below are some of the benefits.
- If you’re looking for a workout, swim spas offer a great way to get your heart rate up and burn some calories.
- They’re also low-impact, so they’re a good option if you have joint pain or other issues that make high-impact activities difficult.
- Swim spas can be a great way to relax and de-stress after a long day. The warm water and massage jets can help soothe your muscles and ease your mind.
Swim spas are available in a range of sizes, which makes them the perfect solution for anyone who wants an indoor pool but doesn’t have the space outside their home.
Swim spas take up less space than an in-ground pool so they are a good option if you live in an apartment building or don’t have much yard space.
- Swim spas typically only require 25% of the chemicals that pools do so they’re good for people with chemical sensitivities.
- Last but not least, swim spas are much more affordable than regular pools because they don’t require much installation work compared to a standard swimming pool, all you need is an electrical outlet and enough space inside your home.
The Cons of Swim Spas
- They can be expensive to maintain.
- They sometimes require a lot of space, depending on the size and type of swim spa you need.
- They can be difficult to keep clean. They are hard to clean when they are not in use because the jets and loungers trap debris and leave it in place for you to find later.
- The water can get cold quickly.
- You may need to add chemicals to the water regularly, and this can make the water contaminated.
- Finally, If you have small children or pets, then this may not be the best option for you because it is easy for them to get into trouble if they fall into the pool.
How to Choose the Right Swim Spa for Yourself
When it comes to choosing a swim spa, there are a few things you should keep in mind, and these are also things you should consider before making the purchase.
Below are some tips to help you make your decision.
- Consider your budget. Swim spas can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
- Think about how you will use the swim spa. Are you looking for a place to relax and unwind, or do you want something that will provide a more intense workout?
- Consider the size of the swim spa. Most come in sizes ranging from 10 feet and above.
- Finally, take into account any other features you might be interested in like jets, waterfalls, lighting, and sound systems.
Tips to Find the Right Company to Install Your Swim Spa
When you are ready to Install your swim spa, it is important to find a company that you can trust. There are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the right company.
Below are some tips:
- Make sure that the company is certified and insured. This will cover you in case anything wrong occurs during the installation process.
- Ask for referrals from friends or family who have installed a swim spa before. They will be able to give you first-hand experience of working with a particular company.
- Don’t go by price alone when looking for a company. A good swim spa installation shouldn’t cost less than $10,000.
- Do some research on the company’s website before agreeing to hire them. If they only have photos of one type of pool on their site ( let’s say they only specialize in pools), there may not be enough information available about other types of installations such as swim spas with waterfalls or jets.
READ ALSO: 14 Important Swim Meet Survival Kit in 2022
Our Recommended Swim Spas
Below are the list and links of some of the best swim spas we have researched for you. We hope that they help you solve the problems of purchasing the best swim spas that you desire.
Conclusion on the Pros and Cons of Swim Spas
So, are swim spas worth the investment? It all depends on your needs and choice. If you’re looking for a way to get regular exercise without having to leave home, a swim spa might be perfect for you.
However, if you’re not interested in swimming or don’t have the space for a large piece of equipment, a swim spa probably isn’t the right choice.